13.000 ft Summit: Hiking - Full Day - Hard
Come to explore the Andes Range just at 50 minutes from Santiago. Parva and Pintor Mount are the backyard of Santiago. You will enjoy gorgeous landscapes, of glaciers high peaks of 18.000 feet and Santiago overviews.
3 hours of ascent to Parva Mount (5 hours round trip). 4 hours ascent to Pintor Mount (6,5 hours round trip). Chairlift and rest time has been included.
1 hour from Santiago to the beginning of the path in La Parva Ski Resort.
Cerro Parva:: Distancia: 2,4 mi (one way) / Ramp: 450 mts. / Maximun Altitude: 13.100 ft Cerro Pintor:: Distancia: 3,6 mi (one way)/ Ramp: 650 mts / Maximun Altitude: 13.800 ft
November to May. Only on weekends. The activity is done only when the summer panoramic chairlift of La Parva Ski Resort is open.
Age of participants must be between 14 and 75 years old. Physical and medical condition must be compatible with activity (When in doubt, please ask).
The times on the itinerary below are an approximation of the schedule. These times could vary depending on weather and the speed of your group. A more accurate pick -up time will delivered once we receive your pick -up address obtained through the booking process.
- 8:30 Transport from your hotel or meeting point in Santiago.
- 9:20 Arrival to La Parva Ski Resort / Tour around the village
- 9:40 4x4 land road starts.
- 10:00 We´ll take “Las Aguilas" Panoramic Chair Lift.
- 10:20 Hiking to Piuquenes Lagoon.
- 12:20 Parva Mount Summit.
- 13:20 Pintor Mount Summit.
- 17:00 Arrival to your hotel or meeting point in Santiago.
Warning: This activity could include hiking in irregular terrain, driving by unmaintained land roads, sudden changes of weather, walk under strong sun.
- Private transportation between all the points.
- Guides: 1 each 4 clients
- Snow-shoes and Hiking poles (renting of alpine touring skis available)
- Lunch Box (isotonic juice, granola or energy bars, sandwich, fruits, cookies, chocolate)
- Park fee
- First aid kit
- VHF Radio and Satelital Phone
What's not included
- Personal Clothing (Please check "Gear")
- Small backpack (rent available)
- Personal Insurance
What to bring:
- Small backpack. If you haven´t, we can rent to you. (10 USD)
- First layer or sport t-shirt
- Polar Fleece or similar
- Wind jacket
- Hiking pants or similar comfortable to walk/ shorts (ask for the weather the day before)
- Hiking shoes
- Sun glasses
- Sun hat/ lipbalm
- Summer gear
- Down or puffy Jacket
- First layer upper and lower body
- Liner gloves
- Wool hat
- Balaclava/ Neck gator