Andean Valley: Snowshoeing - Full Day - Easy
Discover this Andean park just minutes from the city using snowshoes! We will explore the Yerba Loca Natural Sanctuary walking through a beautiful andean snow-covered valley that leads to the Paloma Hanging Glacier.
We may also be able to witness some beautiful frozen waterfalls that fall from huge rock walls.
Highlights: glacial valley / 40 minutes from Santiago / ice falls and waterfalls / giant rock walls / Paloma Glacier views
Options: ask for horseback riding trip
3,5 hours of ascent and 2 hour descent. 5,5 hours round trip (rest time has been included)
1 hour by car from Santiago to the beginning of the path.
Lenght: 3,2 miles (one way) / Ramp: 1.250 ft / Maximum Altitude: 9.280 ft.
Winter activity: from June to September (The rest of the year we do a regular trekking on this area).
Age of participants must be between 14 and 75 years old. Physical and medical condition must be compatible with activity (When in doubt, please ask).
The times on the itinerary below are an approximation of the schedule. These times could vary depending on weather and the speed of your group. A more accurate pick -up time will delivered once we receive your pick -up address obtained through the booking process.
- 8:30 Pick up at hotel or meeting point in Santiago.
- 9:30 We´ll arrive to the starting point in the Yerba Loca Natural Sanctuary.
- 10:00 We´ll start the trekking through the wonderful valley, which ends at the base of the mounts and glaciers of Paloma (16.150 ft) an Altar (17.000 ft) mounts.
- 13:30 Lunch break under huge rock walls and frozen waterfalls.
- 15:30 Back in the car.
- 16:30 Back in your hotel in Santiago.
Warning: This activity could include hiking in irregular terrain, driving by land roads, sudden changes of weather, walk under strong sun.
- Private transportation (Pick up from your Hotel)
- Guides: 1 each 4 clients
- Snowshoes and hiking poles (renting of alpine touring skis available)
- Lunch Box (isotonic juice, granola or energy bars, sandwich, fruits, cookies, chocolate)
- Park fee
- First aid kit
- VHF Radio and Satelital Phone
What's not included
- Personal Clothing (Please check "Gear")
- Small backpack (Rent available)
- Personal Insurance
What to bring:
- Small backpack. If you haven´t, we can rent to you. (10 USD)
- First layer or sport t-shirt
- Polar Fleece or similar
- Wind jacket
- Hiking pants or similar comfortable to walk/ shorts (ask for the weather the day before)
- Hiking shoes
- Sun glasses
- Sun hat/ lipbalm
- Down or puffy Jacket
- First layer upper and lower body
- Liner gloves
- Wool hat
- Balaclava/ Neck gator