Andean Valley: Horse Riding - Full Day - Medium
We will explore the Yerba Loca Natural Sanctuary in a horseback riding trip along Yerba Loca creek through a beautiful andean valley that leads to a big water fall while the valley will stretch over us in giant rock walls. You will enjoy the typical central andes landscapes and share with the arrieros (the Chilean cowboy)
Highlights: 40 minutes from Santiago / high water falls / giant rock walls / Paloma Glacier views / arrieros culture
Options: ask for a 3 day trip pressing here
Horseback riding time
3,5 hours of ascent and 2 hour descent. 5,5 hours round trip (rest time has been included)
45 minute by car from Santiago to the beginning of the path.
Lenght: 3,2 miles (one way) / Ramp: 1.250 ft / Maximum Altitude: 9.280 ft.
October to May. In winter we will perform this trip with snowshoes. For more info press here
Age of participants must be between 14 and 75 years old. Physical and medical condition must be compatible with activity (When in doubt, please ask).
The times below are an approximation of the schedule. These times could vary depending on weather and the speed of your group. A more accurate pick -up time will delivered once we receive your pick -up address obtained through the booking process.
- 8:30 Pick up at hotel or meeting point in Santiago.
- 9:30 We´ll arrive to the starting point in the Yerba Loca Natural Sanctuary.
- 10:00 We´ll start the adventure through the wonderful valley, which ends at the base of the mounts and glaciers of Paloma (16.150 ft) an Altar (17.000 ft) mounts.
- 13:30 Lunch break under huge rock walls and waterfall.
- 15:30 Back in the car.
- 17:00 Back in your hotel in Santiago.
- Private transportation (Pick up from your Hotel)
- Guides: 1 each 4 clients
- Lunch Box (isotonic juice, granola or energy bars, sandwich, fruits, cookies, chocolate)
- Park fee
- First aid kit
- VHF Radio and Satelital Phone
What's not included
- Personal Clothing (Please check "Gear")
- Small backpack (Rent available)
- Personal Insurance
What to bring:
- Small backpack. If you haven´t, we can rent to you. (10 USD)
- First layer or sport t-shirt
- Polar Fleece or similar
- Wind jacket
- Hiking pants or similar comfortable to walk/ shorts (ask for the weather the day before)
- Hiking shoes
- Sun glasses
- Sun hat/ lipbalm
- Summer gear
- Down or puffy Jacket
- First layer upper and lower body
- Liner gloves
- Wool hat
- Balaclava/ Neck gator