Farellones Snow Hike: Full Day - Easy
Explore the Andes in a different way! Amazing snow hike with snowshoes in the back country area in Farellones.
Enjoy amazing views of the mountain while you walk on an easy slope. Also you will be able to see Farellones and La Parva Ski Villages. It will be an unforgettable experience!
Highlights: easy snowshoeing trip in the Andes / 60 minutes from Santiago / Visit Ski Villages / Amazing views of the city and glaciers.
2 hours round trip (rest time has been included)
1 hour by car from Santiago to the beginning of the path.
Lenght: 1,8 miles (one way) / Ramp: 660 ft / Top of the path: 9.350 ft.
Winter activity: from June to September (The rest of the year we do a regular trekking on this area).
Age of participants must be between 14 and 75 years old. Physical and medical condition must be compatible with activity (When in doubt, please ask).
[tab title="Itinerary"][well type="well-sm"] The times on the itinerary below are an approximation of the schedule. These times could vary depending on weather and the speed of your group. A more accurate pick -up time will delivered once we receive your pick -up address obtained through the booking process.
- 8:30 Transport from your hotel or meeting point in Santiago. You will see great views of the mountain and some glaciers in the sky line while we drive by a winding road. Then we'll pass through the beautiful Farellones Ski Village towards La Parva Ski Village
- 9:30 Arrival to the starting point in La Parva Ski Village at 2600 meters.
- 10:00 Safety talk, equipment delivery and start of the hiking.
- 12:00 After walking through snowy hill with great views of the Andes we will get to the old "German Refugee ruins". There we will have a snack break while we enjoy the views of Iver Glacier (17.800 ft.) and Paloma Glacier.
- 12:30 Turn back to our path with great views of the ski resorts and mountains.
- 14:30 Back in our transport
- 16:00 Back in Santiago
Warning: This activity could include hiking in irregular terrain, sudden changes of weather, walk under strong sun.
- Private transportation between all the points.
- Guides: 1 each 4 clients
- Snow-shoes and Hiking poles (renting of alpine touring skis available)
- Lunch Box (isotonic juice, granola or energy bars, sandwich, fruits, cookies, chocolate)
- Park fee
- First aid kit
- VHF Radio and Satelital Phone
What's not included
- Personal Clothing (Please check "Gear")
- Small backpack (Rent available)
- Personal Insurance
What to bring:
- Small backpack. If you haven´t, we can rent to you. (10 USD)
- First layer or sport t-shirt
- Polar Fleece or similar
- Wind jacket
- Hiking pants or similar comfortable to walk/ shorts (ask for the weather the day before)
- Hiking shoes
- Sun glasses
- Sun hat/ lipbalm
- Down or puffy Jacket
- First layer upper and lower body
- Liner gloves
- Wool hat
- Balaclava/ Neck gator