Natural Monument: Hiking - Full Day - Easy
Come to discover the majestic Andes Range in one of the most amazing trips you'll ever do.
Pretty close to Santiago is very easy to get deep inside of the Andes Range. Morado Mount (16.000 ft summit) is one of those perfect breathtaking mountains you can admire for hours. Enjoy walking up into the valley along a nice river with awesome views of vertical rock walls, andean ponds, ice and snow.
Santiago, Cajon del Maipo, Chile
3 hours of ascent and 2 hour of descent. 5 hours round trip (Rest time has been included)
2 hours by car from Santiago to the beginning of the path.
Lenght: 5,3 miles (one way) / Ramp: 1.720 ft / Maximum Altitude: 7.500 ft.
October to May (Ask for a snowshoing trip in winter clicking here).
Age of participants must be between 14 and 75 years old. Physical and medical condition must be compatible with activity (When in doubt, please ask).
The times on the itinerary below are an approximation of the schedule. These times could vary depending on weather and the speed of your group. A more accurate pick -up time will delivered once we receive your pick -up address obtained through the booking process.
- 8:30 Pick up at hotel or meeting point in Santiago.
- 10:00 Entry high mountains zone in Cajon del Maipo valley
- 11:00 Trekking starts at Baños Morales Village. As we head into the valley we will be amazed by the views of the big rock walls and spring waters.
- 14:00 Arrive to the Morales pond lookout. The stunning snowy mountains and the lagoon are waiting for us. We will eat our snack while we enjoy the overwhelming nature.
- 14:30 Descend to Baños Morales starting point. Different views of the mountains will continue amazing us.
- 16:30 Return on our private transport starts.
- 19:00 Drop off at hotel or meeting point in Santiago.
Warning: This activity could include hiking in irregular terrain, driving by land roads with projections, sudden changes of weather, walk under strong sun.
- Private transportation (Pick up at your Hotel)
- Lunch Box (isotonic juice, granola or energy bars, sandwich, fruits, cookies, chocolate)
- Park fee
- First aid kit
- VHF Radio and Satelital Phone
What's not included
- Personal Clothing (please check "Gear")
- Small backpack (rent available)
- Personal Insurance
What to bring:
- Small backpack. If you haven´t, we can rent to you. (10 USD)
- First layer or sport t-shirt
- Polar Fleece or similar
- Wind jacket
- Hiking pants or similar comfortable to walk/ shorts (ask for the weather the day before)
- Hiking shoes
- Sun glasses
- Sun hat/ lipbalm
- Summer gear
- Down or puffy Jacket
- First layer upper and lower body
- Liner gloves
- Wool hat
- Balaclava/ Neck gator