Sunset Hiking: Hiking - Half Day - Easy
Come to explore and live a real adventure in the middle of the week!
Take a short night hike through native forest on our exclusive and private trail. You will witness spectacular views of Santiago and the Andes peaks while you enjoy a nice Cheese & Wine coctel.
Located just at 40 minutes from the down town work center in Providencia, our short trail starts and follow a magic native forest (sclerophyllous forest). From the summit you will find unobstructed views of the city and the Andes.
Depending on the season we will enjoy amazing sunsets, or twilights in the spring and summer, or see the moon over the mountains, the star-filled sky, and beautiful city lights in the fall and winter
Highlights: night - twilight hiking / / 40 minutes from Providencia Downtown / sclerophyllous forest / great views of the city and Andes Range
Options: ask for horseback version
2 hours round trip. 1 hour ascent, 20 min of rest at the summit and 40 min descent.
40 min from hotel in Santiago to beginning of path.
Distance: 0,9 mi (one way) / Ramp: 1.150 ft. / Maximum altitude: 5.250 ft
Age of participants must be between 14 and 75 years old. Physical and medical condition must be compatible with activity (When in doubt, please ask). [/well][/tab]
The times on the itinerary below are an approximation of the schedule. These times could vary depending on weather and the speed of your group. A more accurate pick -up time will delivered once we receive your pick -up address obtained through the bookig process.
- 16:30 Pick up at your hotel in Santiago
- 17:15 Walking starts among native forest.
- 18:15 Summit lookout. Cheese & Wine coctel.
- 18:15-18:45 Rest and time to take photos and look around the amazing landscape
- 19:30 Back in our van
- 20:10 Back in the meeting point.
Warning: This activity could include hiking in irregular terrain, driving by unmaintained land roads, sudden changes of weather, poor light conditions.
- Private transportation from your hotel in Santiago
- Guides: 1 each 4 clients
- Cheese & Wine Table at the summit
- Head lamps
- Hiking poles
- Snack (isotonic juice and granola bars)
- Access to private trail
- First aid kit
- VHF Radio and Satelital Phone
- Little camp-fire at the summit, with amazing views of the night city light and the Andean peaks.
What's not included
- Personal Clothing (check "Gear")
- Small backpack (rent available)
- Personal Insurance
What to bring:
- Small backpack. If you don't have, we can rent you one. (10 USD)
- First layer or sport t-shirt
- Polar Fleece or similar
- Wind jacket
- Hiking pants or similar comfortable to walk/ shorts (ask for the weather the day before)
- Hiking shoes
- Summer gear
- Down or puffy Jacket
- First layer upper and lower body
- Liner gloves
- Wool hat
- Balaclava/ Neck gator