Three Lagoons: Kayaking+Hiking - 2 Days - Easy
Explore the mountains and it's beauty just 2 hours out of the Santiago in a two day trip which combines kayaking and hiking. You will be immersed in the middle of The Andes, paddling and hiking around 3 lagoons! We are going to cross Embalse El Yeso with all our stuff by the emerald waters. In the other side we are going to prepare our camp site with breath taking views of the lagoon and the huge mountains around us. From our camp site we are going to perform an amazing hiking which connects El Yeso with Laguna Negra (Black Lagoon) and Lo Encañado Lagoon.
Take a breath and come to discover what's behind those magnificent mountains!
Day 1: 1.5 hour of paddling + 3 hours of hiking round trip Day 2: 1.5 hour of paddling
2,5 hours of transportation on the car from Santiago to the beginning of the path.
Day 1: Kayaking: 4.3 km / 6.5 miles Hiking :11 km round trip / Ramp: 260 meters / Top of the path: 2.800 meters. Day 2: Kayaking: 4.3 km / 6.5 miles
Summer activity: from November to March.
Age of participants must be between 14 and 70 years old. Physical and medical condition must be compatible with activity (When in doubt, please ask). Know how to swim (When in doubt, please ask). Doesn´t require previous kayak experience.
The schedule below is just an idea of the timings of each day. The hours could change depending on the weather and speed of the group. An accurate pick up time will be delivered along the booking process.
Day 1: Paddling and hiking through the lagoons
- 8:30 Transport from your hotel or meeting point in Santiago.
- 9:30 We´ll get into the Maipo mountain valley. Amazing views of high peaks and Maipo river
- 10:30 Land road starts. We´ll get into the Valley of El Yeso.
- 11:00 Safety talk and and loading of the kayaks on the shore of the lagoon.
- 12:30 We will paddle along the shore with amazing views of the high Andean peaks and then we will start heading into the valley that will take us to our destination.
- 14:00 Arrive to our campground and preparation for the hiking
- 14:30 From the shore we will start the ascension. While we gain altitude along the path, the view of The "El Yeso Lagoon" will be more amazing.
- 15:30 Arrival to the amazing "Laguna Negra" surrounded by amazing Andean peaks.
- 16:00 Arrival to "Laguna Lo Encañado" lookout. We will see the deep lagoon below us from the path.
- 17:30 Back in our camp ground and setting of the tents
- 20:00 Dinner enjoying the sunset over the lagoon and the magic colors or the mounts around us. Prepare for the billion stars hotel
Day 2: Waking up at the paradise
- 8:00 Breakfast at the shore, enjoying the stunning views
- 9:00 upload of the kayaks
- 10:30 paddling back along the shore
- 12:00 back in our transport
- 13:30 return to Santiago. On the way back we will stop to lunch a typical Chilean Empanada with local beer or wine
- 16:30 back in your hotel
Warning: This activity could include hiking in irregular terrain, paddle in choppy waters, driving by land roads, sudden changes of weather, walk or paddle under strong sun.
- Transportation from your hotel or meeting point.
- Complete sea kayak gear: kayak, paddle, life jacket, dry bags, spray skirt, bilge pump
- Guides trained in sea kayaking and with first aids
- Every breakfast, snack and meal needed during the trip.
- First aid kit
- VHF Radio and Satelital Phone
What's not included
- Personal Clothing (Please check "Gear"up in the green tab)
- Personal Insurance
- Sleeping bag and sleeping pad (rental available)
- Small back pack (rental available)
What to bring:
Please go to our recommended check list here