Walking Over the City: Hiking - Half Day - Easy
Santiago is one of the best cities in the world to practice hiking. Surrounded by hundreds of summits which allows outdoors sports all the year.
Take a short hike to one of the most emblematic summits of Santiago. This small mount of 4265 ft is the perfect place for a short escape from the city in order to take good contact with the nature and see great views of the Andes Range over Santiago
Highlights: great views of the city and the Andes Range / Sclerophyllous forest / 20 minutes from Providencia
Options: choose morning, afternoon versions or a night hiking version with amazing views of the city lights of six million people.
1 hour of ascent, 15 min of rest at the summit and 30 min of descent.
30-40 min from the meeting point at Providencia.
Distance: 1.2 miles round trip / Ramp: 885 ft. / Maximum altitude: 4265 ft
Age of participants must be between 14 and 75 years old. Physical and medical condition must be compatible with activity (When in doubt, please ask). [/well][/tab]
The times on the itinerary below are an approximation of the schedule. These times could vary depending on weather and the speed of your group. A more accurate pick -up time will delivered once we receive your pick -up address obtained through the booking process.
- 10:00 Meeting Point (your hotel or other point)
- 10:30 Walking starts among native forest.
- 11:20 Summit lookout.
- 11:20 - 11:35 Rest and time to take photos and look around the amazing landscape
- 13:05 Back in the starting point
- 13:30 Back in your hotel.
Warning: This activity could include hiking in irregular terrain, sudden changes of weather, walk under strong sun.
- Private transportation.
- Guides: 1 each 4 clients
- Hiking poles
- Snack (isotonic juice and granola bars)
- Access to private trail
- First aid kit
- VHF Radio and Satelital Phone
What's not included
- Personal Clothing (check "Gear")
- Small backpack (rent available)
- Personal Insurance
What to bring:
- Small backpack. If you don't have, we can rent you one. (10 USD)
- First layer or sport t-shirt
- Polar Fleece or similar
- Wind jacket
- Hiking pants or similar comfortable to walk/ shorts (ask for the weather the day before)
- Hiking shoes
- Sun glasses
- Sun hat/ lipbalm
- Summer gear
- Down or puffy Jacket
- First layer upper and lower body
- Liner gloves
- Wool hat
- Balaclava/ Neck gator